Monday, August 26, 2013

Garden Week: Eggplant steaks

 Welcome to garden week! The first post is going to be an easy one. When I say easy, I mean really easy. Eggplant "steaks"!. I love eggplant, my family is split on it. When I made this dish 5/6 family members ate it, and enjoyed it. Even my eggplant hating father ate a full piece and said "not bad", a compliment coming from him.

Here is what you need:

  • Eggplant, sliced [about the thickness of a steak]
  • Garlic Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil
All you have to do:
  • Slice the eggplant
  • Brush with olive oil
  • Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper
My brother grilled for me. On our charcoal grill he put the steaks on the warming rack, grilled them for 7 minutes on each side, then three minutes on each side. 
[Those were his exact instructions to me when I asked for a description.]

Delicious and Easy.



And because it is Monday, here is some Maynard for you:
Maynard, the real life pillow pet



No comments:

Post a Comment