Friday, August 23, 2013

Cookie decorating 101. Segment One


My last post was on cookie decorating. I thought I would occasionally share some cookie decorating tips with you. If I can do it, so can you.
When I first started decorating cookies, I had one pastry bag and one #2 tip. Ever since my first cookie bouquet, every time I go to Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics I buy a new icing tip. I have started my cookie decorating kit, but it continues to grow all the time.

I store all of my cookie decorating supplies together in a kit that my Aunt gave me for Christmas. My brother calls it the cookie tool box.

Here is what is inside my cookie toolbox:
I recently discovered couplers and I love them. They make cookie decorating so much easier, especially when doing cookies with lots of detail and color. I also have the basic set of Wilton gel paste food coloring, and the tips I have collected so far.


The bottom is where I store random stuff. In the "Duff" box are all my pastry bags, I also store things like extra cookie sticks, extra meringue powder, and my fondant roller.
Speaking of fondant, I recently started using that for cakes. More on that later.




No comments:

Post a Comment