Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cookies from the past

Over the last few years I have started decorating cookie with royal icing. When I was young every holiday we would make and decorate cookies with my gram. We would make roll out cookies and then color our frosting with food coloring. Even from that young age I would get frustrated because even when "dry" you could not stack the cookies or their designs would get ruined.

A few years ago when I first discovered, and coincidentally, fell in love with the world of blogs, I saw post after post about adorable//delicious cookies decorated with royal icing. At first I thought that looks too complicated. Then I thought I could do it. Then I bought meringue powder. Then I chickened out. [[Welcome to the internal struggle that is my life]]
Then I tried it, I made a cookie bouquet. Success. I have been in love with royal icing ever since. I always use Wilton's Royal Icing. Easy recipe, with good instructions.

I have been asked to make cookies for friends and special occasions in the past, but mostly I make cookies for family and friends. I give them as gifts A LOT. [[Perfect low budget gift]] and make them every Christmas.

Here are just some of my favorite cookies [[Before Blog]]:
#1: First ever cookie bouquet//#2: Apple bouquet for teacher appreciation gift//#3: A princess bouquet for an adorable 2 year old//#4: Owl cookies for my owl loving bff//#5: Pink flowers for Mother's Day//#6: Teddy bears on a stick for zoo day at preschool//#7: Teenage mutant ninja turtles for my little buds 4th birthday//#8: Yoshi cookies for a kid that is obsessed with Mario and Luigi//#9: Superhero baby shower cookies from "aunt drea".

No comments:

Post a Comment