Thursday, August 29, 2013

Zucchini Bread


The last post of garden week will not be a savory one, but a sweet one. A sweet, delicious, moist bread recipe. I found this recipe when I was in high school. It was in one of those books that we sold as a fundraiser where parents all contributed recipes. [[I think I have 4 or 5 copies]] I probably filled my recipe book selling quota by selling one to every member of my family. I'm not positive, it just really sounds like something I would do.
Over the years I have adapted the recipe some, to make it my own. By that I mean I added some nutmeg and cloves, because there is no point buying that expensive little can just to make gingerbread men every year.
Long story short, this recipe makes 2 loaves of the most delicious zucchini bread.

Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:


  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon cloves

Directions:

  1. Cream the first three ingredients. 
  2. Add the next three ingredients and mix.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients.
  4. Mix until combined.
  5. Equally separate the dough in to 2 greased loaf pans.
  6. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment